A Voice for Choral Music Education
Albany Pro Musica is committed to educating and inspiring youth from the Capital Region through partnerships with local organizations. Our exceptional educational programs have transformative value, and have been a vital source of artistic and instructional collaboration for hundreds of local students. Dr. Karen Hitchcock, Member of the Albany Pro Musica Board of Directors, speaks about the importance and impact of the arts in education.
PRO MUSICA INTERNATIONAL CHORAL FESTIVAL
AUGUST 8-15, 2020
This exciting festival for high school singers begins with a choral institute at the Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts (IBCPA) at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario and culminates with a grand Festival Chorus performance with The Philadelphia Orchestra at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) in Saratoga Springs, New York.
*** NEW: Generous funding from Bader Philanthropies, Inc. provides full fellowships to all participating students, allowing the Pro Musica International Choral Festival to waive the $1,200 festival fee, which includes student tuition, room and board, and transportation within the festival. Participants will be responsible only for their own transportation to and from the festival sites.
- Participate in choral rehearsals and performances with a distinguished faculty of artists
- Develop vocal skills with artists from The Juilliard School, Manhattan School of Music, Queen’s University, University of Toronto, Laurier University, and The Vancouver Academy of Music
- Perform two world premieres while learning and interacting with festival resident composers Bradley Ellingboe and Kathleen Allan
- Perform under the direction of LA Master Chorale Director, Grant Gershon, Albany Pro Musica Artistic Director José Daniel Flores-Caraballo and Director of the Queens Vocal Ensemble, Darrell Bryan
- Perform at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) with The Philadelphia Orchestra under the direction of acclaimed Music Director, Yannick Nézet-Séguin (Selected singers)
Applications being accepted now from:
High school choruses
Click HERE for more information and to apply!
We anticipate a large volume of applicants and have extended the application deadline by two weeks to February 29, 2020. Only 150 students will be accepted, and early applications are encouraged.
Other APM Education Programs:
For more information on our educational programs, please contact Brendan Hoffman at email@example.com.
Albany Pro Musica’s education programs are supported in part through a generous contribution from our generous benefactor, Dr. Isabel Bader.